Our strategic aims are -
To enable residents to enjoy high-quality social, recreational, and cultural facilities within the town and to seek the continual improvement and development of these facilities in accordance with the desires expressed by the residents.
- To encourage and promote the economic and commercial vitality of the town.
- To preserve the unique identity of Dorchester and promote its heritage.
- To consult with and take due regard of all comments received from other statutory bodies, voluntary organisations and individuals to ensure an improving standard of services to meet local needs.
- To represent the views and wishes of the citizens of Dorchester.
- To help to create a socially inclusive and caring community which embraces all its residents, irrespective of age, gender, culture, sexual orientation, income, race or religion, and which seeks to develop their well being, knowledge, understanding, and mutual co-operation.
- To contribute to and support, wherever possible, those key issues and actions identified within the Community Strategy for Dorset, the West Dorset Partnership Community Plan, the Dorchester Area Partnership Local Action Plan and any other legitimate organisations such as ‘Decorate Dorchester' and the Dorchester Business Improvement District.
These Strategic Aims are supported by a raft of Key Objectives which appear in the full Performance and Policy Plan. You can get a copy from the Council Offices or view it on-line by visiting the 'Downloads' section of our website.